Uz in PenDragon Pass...

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:58:15 -0700

yeah, I'm going to have to think more about the Karrg Son cult restrictions... I just dunno how/why yet.

But, on a different note, I've recently been "working" on troll info for PenDragon Pass. So far the biggest problem I have is the fact that Great Trolls seem like complete Hell on Wheels. I'm not OPPOSED to this, but also don't want to loose Gloranthan "Realism" by having these obscene, nearly unbeatable Killing machines at the Uz beck and Call.

There are a Few options that I'm considering wrt Great Trolls:

  1. They're Supposed to be Hell on Wheels. They oughtta be able to cripple a good human warrior with an even half decent swing of their maul. It ought to take a Rune Lord to defeat one of these beasts
    (average Great Trolls damage is 10 dice -- as opposed to human average
    of 4).
  2. They're Tough -- But Stupid. I may consider adding INT back into my version of PDP... making this the max value that you can train skills to
    (as opposed to the arbitrary 15) and the max for "memorize". This will
    help to keep the beasts manageable... Yeah, if it hits you you're toast, but with a Maul skill of 9 and little or no magic, he'll have a hard time of it. Still fearsome, but limited.
  3. "Well, they're just not really THAT big" I could always just scale down the stats. (this could help dark trolls too. They also hit just a little harder than I think they ought to) I don't really want to do this as many places as the RQ stats are published...
  4. smaller & Stupid add in Int, AND scale down the stats.

Right now, I'm leaning towards #2... but I thought I'd see what yUz digesters thought afore I made any decisions. Feel free to respond directly to me ( a-daniem_at_microsoft.com ) if you don't feel like sharing your vote with everyone.

danm