Re: The Mighty Ducks

From: David Gadbois <gadbois_at_cyc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:18:50 -0500 (CDT)

    Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:28:34 -0400 (EDT)     From: <Klyfix_at_aol.com>

    Easy. Ducks swim, undeads don't. Ducks vs. Undead in Marsh, Ducks     win.

Ah, you forget the undead whale-octopus monstrosity that haunts the marsh. Remember, Delecti can stitch *anything* living together. [1]

    Figure also (sudden inspiration) that a duck community probably     has some provision for flooding in the event of attacks, sort of     like the Netherlands when they fought for independence.

Ooh, cool image. I figure that the Ducks' "secret" is not one single thing but rather a large array of tactics like this one that give them an edge against Delecti's hordes.

    The little guys are neatness freaks? Perhaps the temples are     largely for appearances, and the real rituals are out in the     marshes. Maybe they involve the Great Feast of Roasted     Undead.....(zombie tastes like chicken)

One of the things I flashed on at the recent con was of Ducks as the penguin in the Wallace and Grommit short "The Wrong Trousers." [2] The ducks put on a show of being good Orlanthi, but no one knows the sinister rituals they actually perform back in Duck Point.

[1] Though, of course, it doesn't stay living for long.

[2] If you haven't seen the Wallace and Grommit vids, do yourself a
big favor and rush out and buy the set. You can get them from PBS Homer Video (http://www.pbs.org/shop).