Re: wereducks

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:08:22 -0700

Stephen Martin admitted

> I was not aware that the word "were" originally meant "man"

As in wergild?

Erik Sieurin proposed

> mighty Ironhoof's Speaking and Knowing Companions
> always were Durulz

The idea of an unintelligible Speaking Companion fills me with MGF.

BTW, I don't see how a materialistic explanation of Ducks (Delecti made 'em) is at all at odds with the RQ2 explanations: ducks are either humans cursed with duck form, or ducks cursed with intelligence.

And the essentially false origin myth of the Grazers [KoS.107] should indicate that myths don't have to directly relate to physical evidence (the Grazers fled Prax, though it's quite possible that one centaur was reformed into the "original" constituents).