Making Simon scream

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Aug 97 11:31:29 EDT

Hi All,

 To my name sake, the arabs/turks of Glorantha live in the country of FONRIT.

 In the Pamaltela book they are even called Torabs and are half Agimor/ half Veldang.

 I always find that when dealing with Glorantha I look at three earth cultures for inspiration in my writing and art. I always mesh the best bits from two very similar cultures and choose a third perhaps similar but very seperate culture for a twist of the unusual.

 Hence my Torabs are Ottoman Turks/ Arabians - drawing many of my concepts from these two cultures histories, religions and environments. However as a twist I have hidden loads of Dynastic Egyptian concepts in there as well.

 When I wrote about Seapolis I began with Northwest coast indians, mixed them with scottish/manx islanders, added a spot of Polynesian/Micronesian mythology and topped it off with some Pre-Dynastic Egyptian concepts.

 My Praxians think a little like Amerinds, dress like Amerinds, Incas, Masai and australian aboriginals (all the best parts of those cultures).

 Cheers Simon Bray.