Karg's Sons & Cannibals

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:46:55 +0100

James FrUZetta (>) to Daniel McClUZkey(>>)

>> Most male trolls just don't have enough relatives (even
>> enlo) to kill off five a year. Even one a year strikes me as too many.
>
>Ol' Minarth may have goofed up -- perhaps he should have translated it as
>"part of a relative"? If you only have to eat a _part_ of the relative, it
>might make more sense. Plus you can add that fun Yakuza element to trolls.
>("What? You let the Elves escape?! Take two knuckles and an ear to uncle
>Bodag's next KS feast!")

I currently suspect that it is a mistranslation/misunderstanding with respect to Troll's normal Funeral arrangements where the Karg's Son normally takes the primary role. Thus he is not expected to kill his relatives, but he is expected to officiate at, or at least take part in all their funerals should they die

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |