PenDragon and Trolls

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 07:50:39 -0700

The mighty master of Uz (whose ideas about the Koromandol Trolls and Trollkin were very well received at Glorantha Con V) wrote :
>There are a Few options that I'm considering wrt Great Trolls:
>1) They're Supposed to be Hell on Wheels. They oughtta be able to
>cripple a good human warrior with an even half decent swing of their
>maul. It ought to take a Rune Lord to defeat one of these beasts
>(average Great Trolls damage is 10 dice -- as opposed to human average
>of 4).

I think the damage level done by Great Trolls is probably correct - remember most Heortling warriors will know Strength rituals that will knock their damage up to around 7 dice.

My proposed solution is not to reintroduce the INT stat back into PDP, but simply create a new arbitrary training limit for Great Trolls - say 10 instead of 15. Additionally a pitifully low maximum memorize (or starting the skill at 0) will keep them from having much magic.

Jeff