Zombies in swamps, oh my

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 22:56:32 -0400 (EDT)

"Simon Phipp" <simonphipp_at_netpass.ru>:

> Whilst having bloated zombies floundering around on the surface has its
> appeal, I feel that they have enough holes in that they cannot float. Also,
> the Create Zombie spell prevents rotting/decomposing and preserves the
> zombie from "ageing".

However, I kinda like the rotting zombie thing, so: clearly swamps are magically capable of making things rot. Think about it -- even creatures that don't normally live in swamps rot. For instance, humans who try to live in a swamp get fungus infections, and these go away when the human leaves the swamp for a while.

Shamans of swamp tribes (like ducks) presumably contact the swamp spirits to get protection from the rot.

Remember that while phenomena like fungus infections happen in Glorantha, they have magical rather than physical explanations. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>
"I don't mind being called a greedy, satanic terrorist." -Scott Adams

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #105