Great Troll INT in PDP

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:23:22 -0400

I agree that INT is unecessary in PDP as long as Great Trolls are restricted in skills - particularily Memorize and Ritual and all other skills involving analysis, reasoning and lateral thinking. =

However I think that to restrict them in combat skill level is somewhat extreme. Combat skill is largely about muscle memory. By constant =

repetition do you gain skill, no other way. There is no reason to think =

a Great Troll could not be rather good at constant repetiton - in fact th= e
more stupid someone is, the easier it is for them to perform such tasks as they don't get as bored as fast as someone with an imagination.

Where INT would come into PDP for Great Trolls would be in combat =

options -IMO they should not be allowed complex options like Flurry, =

riposte or disarm etc. These are _tactics_ and require mental as well as physical agility - something a Great Troll definately doesn't =

have IMO.

Martin Laurie