Cultural parallells & menstrual cycles

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:31:33 +0200

Jane:
> > Daniel:
> > > Just to throw something into all this ancient feely theme: How about
> > > Esrolia=Minoan Crete
> > Nils Weinander: Seconded.
> Make that thirded. Then add Celtic overtones to stop it being a total
> clone.

And some Indus culture city planning.

> > As for alternative parallells, I have always thought
> > of the praxians beings somewhat like the nomad peoples
> > of central Asia (kazak, kirghiz, turkmen etc) rather
> > than native americans.
> Me too. Mainly of course because they're more familiar, but also because
> they *did* invade civilised parts, and very effectively, too. Native
> Americans had the disadvantage of having an ocean in the way.

I'm glad I'm not only one who made this old world chauvinist "mistake" for familiarity reasons.

Why does the menstrual cycle of Gloranthan women have to be tied to a heavenly body? There must be any number of other mythic/magic correspendences to make.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689