More About Ducks....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:07:18 +0100

Eric commenting on my reason for Ducks to bear live young....
>But there are no mammals who does not give their kids milk - that's the
>definition of a mammal. That doesn't mean it holds in Glorantha, but
>it's an old one in the RW.
>
>So the question is: Does female ducks have tits? (The same person who
>maintained that ducks must have teeth, otherwise they couldn't hold
>their cigars, might perhaps reason: "Of course! What else would young
>drakes make locker-room comments on?") Do they breast-fed their young?

Yeah, I know.... I'm not sure. I have this mental picture of Duck mothers feeding their young worms or small fish.

Personally I'd be happier if the Ducks too laid eggs. But I'm trying to work with the universe as laid down by the earlier authors. If I felt I could get away with it I'd say that the 'live-young' thing was another innaccurate rumour of the same sort as the 'were-duck' idea.