Kitty's Spirit

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 01:27:20 -0400 (EDT)

> Being a cat lover I got to thinking about those Orlanthi shadow cats.
> When you place an allied spirit into an animal what happens to that
> animals spirit?
> Is it completely replaced?
> Is it still there but suppressed by the new spirit?

       Well, if I recall corrently in RQ2 and CoP, they refer to the cat's spirit being "awakened" as opposed to sticking an allied spirit into it. Two possibilities: The ordinary cat's spirit suddenly becomes more intelligent and sapient, or (my preference) the reincarnated spirit of an Orlanthi in the cat regains memories and abilities of a past life. FIgure that the cat comes to you; you don't go to your local pet shop and pick up a shadow cat.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com