RW vs. Glorantha menses

From: Paul.Harmaty_at_aig.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:41:33 -0400

Dear Jane:
It has struck me that the problem with this discussion is the bludgeoning being done with RW science. RW science has no place in Glorantha.
The Gloranthan world isn't even a sphere! Why should RW biology hold true?

Mysterious & wonderful things happen on Glorantha.

For example: Telmori women could & should have wolf cycles. Hell they can give birth to cubs! How does that fit in the RW?

Glorantha women's cycles could be the cause for the HUMANs using the calendar they do! They are the Majority of the people using the calendar aren't they? As far as I know the Mostali, Aldyami, Uz, Dragonewts, etc. don't use this calendar. Do they? Maybe, just maybe it doesn't fit the way they view the world. There are probably thousands of ways to divide 294 days. Why is it done the way it is?

I think it's exciting that Glorantha's seasons and year are built on a biological model not an astrological model. Trying to find some planetary reason for menses on Glorantha IMHO is ridiculous The fact that Gloranthan humans would not be exactly RW humans doesn't bother me in the least. They are still 99.9% recognizable as human.