Shadow Cat Familiars

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:27:11 EDT

David Cake:

>And it leads to a running joke in our campaign about Shadow Cats
>and their Wind Lord allied spirits - the shadow cats are such magical
>powerhouses that they leave their owners in the shade.

This leads me to quote from Wyrms Footnotes 14, The Riddle Man

"Has your allied spirit ever misbehaved?"

"Yes. Once I had to leave an expedition suddenly, but my allied spirit (bound into a cat) refused to come along. Things turned out alright, though, for she accompanied the expedition members on an adventure and did better than I have ever done. She got some Iron and kept it all to herself."

        John 'Big Beak' Steed, Winduck

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions