SV: The Glorantha Digest V5 #112

From: Erik Sieurin <erik.sieurin_at_sp.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:25:03 +0200

Simon Hibbs (hi Simon!)
> You've got to be kidding me! Duckula's natural home has to be
> Glorantha.

Duckula's natural home is Sunday Morning Cartoons. Now, if you wanted me to add some Grand and Serious children's cartoon to Glorantha, I'd be with you. Like, say, Itchy and Scratchy.

> Anyway, if Delecti and his zombies don't bother the ducks, why are
> they so
> keen on the Humakt cult?

If you READ my post, Simon, you'd find I said that the Vivamort guys which is Delecti's major defense (so he can concentrate on his serious research into the mysteries of life - my theory is that he wishes to create life by stitching things together, and so far only has produced undead) suck a lot of ducks dry (thus killing them). Having a fair share of your relatives killed by vampires could make any duck (or man - look at the Lismelder tribe) keen on Humakt.
> It does not make any sense.

Read my lips: Having your kin killed due to THEIR SOULS BEING EATEN BY CHAOS HORRORS is as good cause for Humakti worship as any other.
> Thusm given that the
> ducks are at war with delecti, what better minions to send against
> them
> but their own zombified or subverted undead kin?
Gimme a break! Zombiefy a duck? Zombies are fairly worthless critters to begin with, and cost a lot of time and effort (not to mention POW) to make. (IMC note: I always consider that undead take time and effort ot make, and thus there are no puny silly skeletons and zombies IMC. I threw the worthless RQ3 rules for these stuff in the waste basket from the start!) Their main advantage is their strength - which becomes less when you start with a duck. Their main disadvantage is their slowness - which becomes even greater when you start with the short-legged duck. (For lessons in How To Dispatch A Zombie, see the movie Witch Hunt. That's the main reason to see the movie, despite it having Dennis Hopper as tough private eye H. Phillips Lovecraft) Add the great pride and self-consciousness of any Vampire. If you are a terrible undead horror, a servant of the unholy void that is Vivamort, you need dignity. Duck zombies or lesser servant vampires equals no dignity! No, what you need is zombiefied tyrannosauri, beautiful slim women in dark dresses, hordes of Army-of-Darkness-lookalike wight warriors... Oh well, perhaps you could add a snivelling duck hunchback which you can beat up when he suggests the Heroes might survive your Master Plan.

Erik Sieurin