Whymsie Cards

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 07:45:32 -0500

Cards:

        The Vice President of West End Games acquired a deck of these cards at Gen Con many years ago and liked the idea so much that he told the design staff to incorporate them into the new game they were working on. Thus was born the TORG card deck, which was carried on to Masterbook.

        The deck included subplots such as:
Alertness: you notice something you might otherwise have missed Connection: you meet/rememeber someone you know who can help out Mistaken ID: you are mistaken for someone else/you mistake someone

        for someone else
Nemesis: Some enemies hold grudges until the end of time. Romance: Very popular
Martyr: You will succeed at some crucial task; if you fail you will

	succeed anyway, at the cost of your own life.
	Strangely, nobody ever played this in my campaign....

Delecti:
	There's been lots of interesting stuff on Delecti & why the Ducks
are on the edge of the Upland Marsh recently. My take on this is that the ducks and Delecti have some sort of arrangement. What, I am uncertain. The suggestion that Delecti needed help, or at least the agreement of the Ducks to create the marsh seems sensible.

        At any rate, when the ducks were persecuted in the 1200's, and driven away, they promised awful vengence. The orlanthi just laughed, but that stopped pretty quickly when Delecti's monsters started wandering out of the swamps and attacking people. The tribes had to pay the ducks compensation for damages, and help rebuild houses to get them to return. After that the problems stopped.

        IMO, Delecti leaves the Ducks alone, he doesn't send anything after them, and generally keeps his creatures away from them. They only have to fight an occasional creature that wanders into their areas by accident. The Humakti stuff they've picked up is enough to handle the infrequent 'wandering monster'.

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanifal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /