"Story Cards"

From: HOWARD_FIELDING_at_cckrdc.ca.alcan.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:05 -0400 (EDT)

     Hi Guys,

     Did a stupid thing last night...i was editing Sergio's excellent Duck
     material [as well as the other's Duck contributions] to put in my
     "Duck" folder when i realized i hadn't saved the file under a
     different name first! Duh! Net result: I threw out most of Glor110 and
     Glor109 [Vol 5]. :(

     Are there archives for these yet? I would like to get them back if i
     can.

     BTW, my Duck Folder is getting quite large....I contains all the duck
     references on the digest from the last year. Eventually i will
     backtrack to previous years and volumes of the digest. My intent is to
     sit down and compile it into a conherent whole. Needless to say,
     Sergio's take on the Ducks and Mike's take on Keets will form the
     starting point!

     In fact, all i probably have to do is connect Sergio's work into a
     single coherent write up and another Gloranthan race will be fully
     documented.

     Story Cards...

     White Wolf [i think] used to produce cards that sound like the Whimsey
     cards. I think they were called "Adventure Paths" or something like
     that? I have a set that is called Paths of Horror [or something
     similar - my memory fails...] All the cards relate to horror/fear/the
     unexpected or unexplained/etc...very Cthulhu-esk. Each card has a
     number from 1 to 6 ... 6 being the climax of the story. The GM draws
     the cards and fits them into a story...starting with a #1 card, then
     #2 etc. I think their were provisions for player input as well. I have
     looked for other sets from the range but have had no luck :(. Keep
     your eyes open at remainders/sales stands!

     Gotta Go,

     Howard