GD Archives

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:31:30 -0700

> Did a stupid thing last night...i was editing Sergio's excellent Duck
> material [as well as the other's Duck contributions] to put in my
> "Duck" folder when i realized i hadn't saved the file under a
> different name first! Duh! Net result: I threw out most of Glor110 and
> Glor109 [Vol 5]. :(
>
> Are there archives for these yet? I would like to get them back if i
> can.

The entire archives of V5 are available, though only be email. Here's how to access them.

If you ever want to get a listing of archived Glorantha digests mail the command "index glorantha-digest" to majordomo_at_chaosium.com:

You'll get a reply something like this:

  total 1093

  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      38528 Jun 30 23:29 v05.n001
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      43776 Jul  1 10:28 v05.n002
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      41751 Jul  1 19:28 v05.n003
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      25864 Jul 11 09:33 v05.n042
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      21645 Jul 11 14:28 v05.n043
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      20573 Jul 11 19:28 v05.n044

You can then mail majordomo_at_chaosium.com the command "get glorantha-digest filename" to retrieve an individual file, ie:

  get glorantha-digest v05.n028
  get glorantha-digest v05.n030

If you send a number of requests together, each digest will get mailed back to you as a seperate file.

Make sure to put all majordomo commands in the body of a message to majordomo_at_chaosium.com, not in the subject.

Shannon