Humakt etc.

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:29:35 -0400

>>I'd have to agree. It seems to me that in order to =

>>become a Humakti initiate, one would have to sever =

>>any ties to other gods. =

>Why do you have to sever all ties. Nowhere does it =

>say that Humakti may only worship Humakt.

I think you don't have to sever cult or cultural ties =

to join Humakt, but to really cut it as a RL, you =

should sever family ties, and that usually means cult =

ties as well. I think also it depends on whether you =

want to join Humakt as a war god, or as a death god. =

If you're in it for the battle magic, then you don't =

do the whole severing of relationships thing, but if =

you're into the death philosophy, it's expected.

>Following a revelation I am now confidently certain =

>(cf. IMHO) that Time is a fourth thing linked to =

>Order, Disorder and Chaos.

Surely what you speak of is Entropy?

>>Trolls even consider undead primarily in terms of =

>>food
>Actually, I thought trolls didn't like to eat =

>undead -- the non ZZ models were icky, and the ZZ =

>creations were sacred. =

Yum! Undead are usually magical, and that gives uz =

a real buzz, even better than Dwarf brains!

If a troll eats a magic item, I'd say he heals 1 HP =

per POW, or 1 FP per MP.

Great Trolls:
>2) They're Tough -- But Stupid. I may consider =

>adding INT back into my version of PDP... making =

>this the max value that you can train skills to
>(as opposed to the arbitrary 15)

No need for a stat, just a racial max of 10 for =

great trolls or similarly stupid creatures like =

minotaurs.

>Creatures with fixed INT are incomplete creatures. =

>Thus black cats and herd men both qualify as =

>potential familiars.

Insane Power Gaming Sorceror Tactics Part 2!

Two sorcerors each in turn have Fix INT then Create =

Familiar cast on them by each other. Share spells =

and MPs and other benefits. Of course, the first to =

go under the process must utterly trust the other...

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs Burton-Upon-Trent, UK

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |