Mostly Ducks...

From: Simon D. Hibbs <s.hibbs_at_forestry.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:07:53 +0100 (BST)

Erik Sieurin :

Erik makes some cogent points, then says :

>> Thusm given that the
>> ducks are at war with delecti, what better minions to send against
>> them
>> but their own zombified or subverted undead kin?
>Gimme a break! Zombiefy a duck? Zombies are fairly worthless critters to
>begin with, and cost a lot of time and effort (not to mention POW) to
>make.

Ok, so duck zombies are pretty worthless against average adventurers, but they're pretty keen aginst other ducks, which is how I imagine them being deployed. Properly preserved they can swim, and can fit through tunnels and round obstacles that would foil a human sized undead. To be crass for a moment and turn to the rules, most ducks have a negative DM, which makes a duck zombie pretty hard, relatively speaking.

Your points are perfectly valid ones, but I don't think they make an unassailable case by any means. Zombie duck storm troops still deffinately have a place IMG.

Simon