Long, beautiful Hair...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:46:53 -0400 (EDT)

Trotsky noted...

> << Do herd-men have beards?>>
>
> The Morokanth shave them to make rope and stuff out of their hair
(they
> haven't got as much as bison, llamas, etc.). so a lot of the time, no. But

> it
> has to grow long enough to be useful for making anything out of, and I'm
> sure
> they resemble normal humans when left unshaved. Indeed, a few of them
*are*
> humans who've been zapped by the Fix INT spell (as opposed to being born
as
> 'natural' herd men). I don't think their beards would fall off when this
> happened... :-)

       I recall that at least one Amerind tribe made baskets out of the women's hair; the women had short hair usually because of this while the men wore their hair in long braids. So it isn't terribly inplausable to use hair for stuff. However...if the Praxians are roughly Amerind equivalents would the men _have_ beards? Since the Herd Men are the losing Praxians they'd likely physically resemble the people of the tribes.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham..