Morocanth

From: Adam_Crossingham_at_aldgen.ccmail.compuserve.com
Date: 15 Aug 97 04:24:22 EDT

  Jane Williams writes in The Glorantha Digest v 05 # 039 about 'kanth:

  <<< have been asked how I feel about playing a morocanth.[snip]   So far I've read River of Cradles, Elder Secrets and the Bestiary.   While these give me basic stats, they don't seem to have enough to   run a morocanth PC, especially a trader, which is what I'm being   asked for. >>>

  Spookily I'm playing a Morokanth Issaries initiate right now.

  The best stuff is in 'Borderlands' which is good for working out   skill class modifiers (especially Manipulation) and several others   skills that 'kanth get instead of human skills. If your referee   plays RQ2; go with the RQ2 stats as RQ3 'kanth are weaker and less   dextrous, but haggle for 'kanth martial arts from the Bestiary. For   additional unofficial source material, there was a lot of very good   stuff on the digest between 24 May - 10 Jul. 1996.

  I play my morokanth as a very dodgy East End car dealer. Any corpse   may be a potential 'special cut'; Trolls and Lunars are his biggest   customers. He's left his tribe with some of his mum's herdmen in   order to 'see the world' (avoid local entanglements). His worldview   makes him very supremacist because he is Morokanth and Praxian.

  My biggest problem in playing a morokanth has been the other   player's lack of real distrust. Okay he first met the other PCs   (mostly Sartarite) when he smuggles them out of Pavis under the   watch of the Lunar guards as part of his herd. But none of the PCs   are Praxian, so they should be suspicious as hell as to what the   'kanth is up to. Instead they take every chance to belittle his   lack of thumbs!

  Adam Crossingham

  PS Apologies for being v. late, I always seem to run a month behind   reading the Digest.