Soapy thoughts

From: HOWARD_FIELDING_at_cckrdc.ca.alcan.ca
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:38 -0400 (EDT)

     Hi Guys,

     I was thinking in the shower this morning [horrors] about Ducks and
     what a good name "The Golden Orb" would be for a Duckpak, were one
     ever to be published.

     That sparked me to wondering whether in the Gods Age Duck eggs [and
     those of other birds] were in fact perfect spheres that took on their
     present shape after Yelm was slain?

     Also, during the darkness were egg yolks still a golden yellow? Surely
     this is the Sun's influence.

     And perhaps the Ducks/Keets gave up their wings voluntarily to fight
     against darkness/chaos. [Which explains why their are regular ducks as
     well as sentient ones]. Some ducks later offended Yelm and were cursed
     to bear live young...others [the Keets?] still lay eggs.

     I can't remember if this fits properly with the myths already
     presented [my brain is still a bit soggy...]. I may have mixed things
     up a bit...or these points may have already been made. My apologies if
     they have. First thing in the morning one can't expect to be thinking
     clearly...

     Howard