Different from humans

From: Thomas Gottschall <Telmori_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:34:34 +0200

Hi everyone,Though this is a general discussion about hsunchen I will use the Telmori as an example, since my knowledge of other hsunchen is much less.

David Dunham wrote :

> Certainly hsunchen aren't animals. If they were, they wouldn't have
> speech and culture. Why do so many people want to strip humanity from
> the hsunchen?

Because some people make hsunchen the same way human are. Many forget that it is not only a pet, but more. Would you mate with your pet or call it brother ? I do not see every thing that humans do or are applying to hsunchen. For example why should hsunchen lie, or steal from each other? Is this good towards the pack ? Why should hsunchen because they look like humans also act like them ? The argument that people descended from hsunchen are no more animals than anyone else is not an argument for me since I think hsunchen are intelligent animals (the awakened type) born into human bodies. When they leave their animal society they also lose their animal spirit (I think this takes some generations). And I see hsunchen much more than humans.   To come back to Jane William's Telmori menses : Why should the two-legged Telmori have the same menses as the wolves? Perhaps they are different from Orlanthi women (as I would say they are) but certainly not the same as the she-wolves'. At last they are not animals, as David noticed before.

Make you hsunchen as you like them, my will never become humans ! - --
bye, Thomas

Visit Telmori's Forest :
http://home.t-online.de/home/Telmori/telmori.htm "Historians from England will say I'm a liar, but history is written  by those who've hanged heroes." Robert the Bruce

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #118