Dead Illuminates

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:45:11 +0100

Peter Metcalfe has a nice idea about dead Illuminates:
>The simple truth is that the traditional gloranthan
>afterlife (reincarnation/Ty Kora Tek's Halls of Silence
>/Orlanth's Hall/Pamalt's Council) is a product of
>*glorantha* whereas the illuminate will not go to any
>of these places after his death simply because s/he has
>transcended glorantha. The Malkioni theories about
>Solace after death have a similar basis.
>
>Exactly where the dead illuminates (run-of-the-mill
>illuminates as opposed to Lunar Saints and Heroes)
>end up is anyone's guess.

Which reminds me of reading (a long time ago) a fantasy series that was set in the world where Earth's souls come from. (By de Camp? Can't remember.) This was where, if you were a good boy, you would be reborn into *our* world.

Perhaps I could put that forward as another nomination for the Great Secret of Glorantha!