Tolatology.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:02:11 +0100 (BST)

Alex Ferguson (who he?) in reply to Steve Martin:
> > The problem with Gloranthan "astrology" is that all of the planets have
> > too regular (and short) a period for it to work the same way as in the
> > RW. Except for variations in the Southpath, there is a Grand Cycle every
> > 248 years

> There is? Which bodies have a co-period as long as this?

Some thought has come up with: Entekos+solar year, a cycle of 31 years, and Entekos+Shargash+solar year, which is 62 years. Maybe there's some other body, with a cycle of 8 years or so, that I'm forgetting about, which would give the above...

Actually, the 62 year cycle is interesting, as it's not so far off the Wane cycle, or from the Deneron council's "term" of 47 years (from the Entekosiad). Not really close enough for any to directly "explain" either of the others, though, I suppose.

Slainte,
Alex.