Newcomer questions

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 09:09:46 PDT

Being a relative newcomer to Glorantha (i.e. I've known about it for about ten years but I've not started exploring it until two years ago), there are quite a few things I wonder about and would like some help with. However, since this is my first appearance on the GD, i'll limit myself somewhat :-). Here goes:
  1. Are there any published sources detailing myths of the Lunar Empire? More specifically, myths about the Red Goddess and the Seven Mothers?
  2. While rolling up a High Llama Storm Bull initiate, one of my players asked me what exactly the taboo against horses meant. Does it mean that horses are Extremely Holy to the Praxians or that they hate them and try to kill them on sight (as in an old Digest note I found by John Castellucci)?

I'm most grateful for any clarifying answers to these issues!

Cheers,
Erik Nolander, Sweden