Duels

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:00:35 -0400

I contacted Compu$erve support, and they are blaming the Digest for the formatting problems. Sorry.
As an experiment, I'm sending this mail without line breaks.

>Is there a standard format for Gloranthan duels?

Of course not! Let's think...

Barbarian Humakti would go more for immediate action, Lunar YT I think go=

in for the traditional ten-paces-at-dawn, with seconds to hold their cloaks, etc.

I see Death cultists (H/YT) as going for death duels more frequently than=

others, although definiely not always, as the Lottery Swords article in Tales #5 indicates. Matters of personal, tribal or religious honour would=

frequently require a death duel.

Westerners would surely joust, maybe appointing a champion depending on t= he
status of the person in question.

Kralori, I suspect, very rarely do death-duels, but the loser may well ta= ke
his own life if the loss is considered sufficiently embarassing. I don't know that much about the Kralori, though.

Trolls don't duel, they bully.

Elves just don't understand the concept, if you challenged an elf to a duel, he'd take you kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead you to a qui= et
place and kill you.

Ducks mostly run (or swim) away.

Mostali - um ... no idea.

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |