Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #115

From: David Millians <drakon_at_atl.mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:23:46 -0400 (EDT)

>From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
>In my Glorantha, the East Ralians are very much into astrology. How else
>can you determine a baby's geases, if you can't read the signs of his birth?
>
>I don't think it's popular among the other Orlanthi (though they
>undoubtedly watch for unusual portents, like suddenly moving stars or
>comets

        In my game, set in the misty highlands of Aggar, natural features and phenomena, especially those that change or go through cycles, are very important for the performance of rites and magic. While the typically cloudy weather limits the availablity of the stars and relegates them to a secondary importance, they help the wise keep accurate track of the passage of time, and they are crucial for some magics and ceremonies. Some cults and clans value them much more than others. As David Dunham says, they are crucial for the determinaiton of geasa.

>[does Glorantha have comets?]).

        Mine does. Hairy stars! Who can resist the idea?

        David Millians