Sex Drive

From: David Cheng <cheng_at_global2000.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:53:05 -0500

Dan Fahey says:

Me: Um, different groups of humans have different patterns. I have a lot more hair than, say, David Cheng, but does this have to mean that I have a stronger sex-drive than he does? (Hi David! Not trying to be offensive here. You are certainly more intelligent than I am, whether you think I'm a genius or not.) It seems to me that the Chinese keep their numbers up fairly effectively. :) I thot Herd-Men have different fertility cycles from humans, just like most herd-animals do. The "levels of sex-hormones and such" between Herd-Men and humans must be different.

I absolutely must respond to this.

  1. While Dan may very well have more hair _mass_ than me, I would attribute this to preferences, not to a correlation of hormonal levels. Dan wears his hair very long, down almost to his shoulders if memory serves me correctly. I keep mine at a military-regulation shortness, never even touching my collar.

    More relevant to the point of discussion would be thickness at the scalp.     I am happy to say I have, at the ripe-old-age of 30, very little     thinning (at least I think so). Dan, having several years on me, has     more thinning (at least I would say so).

    However, I think Dan reverses the theory that higher testosterone levels     lead to quicker hair loss. So, I would still agree the evidence     supports his assumption: his thinner hair indicates a higher sex drive     on his part.

2. Anyone who's been to German RQ-Con would, I'm positive, vouch that there

    is a definite, noticeable difference in our sex drives. Now, the data     may may be skewed, as I was not there this past May, where rumour has it     there were women LARPers walking around with latex leggings . . .

Enough said! ;-)
- -DC