Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #123

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:47:57 -0400 (EDT)

Gary Switzer bizarrely writes...

> Actually, viewing Ducks as cursed exiles living in a Marsh brought me to
> the conclusion that, rather than being the "Jews of Glorantha" the Ducks
> are the _Cajuns_ of Glorthantha, and they play zydeco music. :) I mean,
> what musical instrument fits the Duck personality better than the
> accordion? Imagine the MFG of Ducks marching into battle to strains of
> "Lady of Spain." Crawfish gumbo, anyone?

       Ooookay....let's run with this a bit. If ducks are like Cajuns then Ganderland is like Arcadia. Arcadia became Nova Soctia (assuming I'm making my History roll) after the French and Indian War, and the ancestors of the Cajuns moved to Louisiana. This would suggest that Ganderland is some land that is now overrun by somebody else. This has game potential, perhaps with ducks rallying to retake their lost homeland, if they can ever figure out where it is actually is. :)

       Or if nothing else, we have an excuse to have a duck restaurant or two in Pavis and other cities.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...