RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #117

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemble-studios.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:40:43 -0500

	Peter Metcalfe
	People seem to be puzzled at Sandy's contention that the
Illuminates know that there is no afterlife for them after they die.
	Illuminates are no longer part of the Gloranthan cosmic cycle.

*	Peter Linton Tracy
i)	What is the connection b/n Delecti and Beastmen (inc. Ducks)?
	Only that both are products of the EWF.

ii)	What great EWF magics do the Beastmen STILL have?
	Ability to worship Arachne Solara.

iii)	Did the Ducks survive the Curse from being near Delecti, or near
BV,  or both?
	What curse?

iv)	If Delecti kept his EWF magic, did the Ducks/Beasts that
survived also keep them, protected by the same magic?
	Delecti is not using EWF magic, except in the sense that his
magic dates from the time of the EWF. He is not the slightest bit draconic.

v) If so, is THIS what makes them immune to Delecti's Zombification process, EWF powers?!! (Sounds all-right to me) It is well-known that ducks are not immune to being turned into zombies. One of the most common monsters encountered in Delecti's Marsh are duck zombies. After all, _something's_ got to be the least terrifying enemy in all Glorantha!

	Stephen Martin
	No matter what Eric says, I am in favor of Duck Vampires -- they
are just
	too cool. Not real effective, true, and they are even more
ostracized by
	human vampires than ducks are by humans. But they are still way
cool.

        It's known for a fact that there are Duck Vampires in the Blind King's Palace in Pavis. I've met 'em. In fact, the Blind King's Palace has other types of vampires as well. The Vampire Ducks weren't too bad; only about as tough as a human (after all, their doubled STR gives them a damage bonus of maybe +1d4 if they're lucky The most terrifying thing we fought was a centaur vampire - its MP-draining "touch" attack was it's kick, packing an awful punch. And the kick did 1d6+3d6 damage (doubling a centaur's STR is bad news), so even if it _hadn't_ drained our MPs we would have hated it. We also encountered some elf vampires, whose magic arrows drained MPs & HPs equally.