Red King/Green King

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:10:12 -0400

Stephen Martin comments: =

>Shargash Holy Days
>I like Nick Brooke's suggestion of having two "High Holy Days" for
>Shargash, one for the Red King, one for the Green King. Though I dislike=

>the naming of the cult levels as Kings, surely there's a more appropriat=
>title for Shargash's high priests?

Not really because they are not just priests - they rule the city too lik= e
the paired kings of Sparta. The Red King deals with external policy and the Red Path, the Green King with interrnal policy and the Green Path. =

Note that in the late Lunar Empire period their roles are certainly lessened as the Satraps and Governors control more externa/internall functions but in the hayday of their power during the rule of Henjarl and=

the conquests of Carmania, the Red King was a major ruler in his own righ= t.

Martin Laurie