of accordions and kings

From: Pam Carlson <carlsonp_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:05:58 -0700

Nick writes:
> I *liked* the Red King, Green King, [Black King] thing because it was so
> *obvious* that we were talking about the real rulers of the city: it had
> a kinda Gilgameshy, sacral kingy, Spartan dual monarchy, ancient worldy
> feel to it.

 That came through, did it? Cool, 'cause that's exactly what we were striving for!

>("Yeah, OK, so there's some Yelmic type from Raibanth sent to// govern the city. But he doesn't run Alkoth, any more than those Yanafali officers run our regiments. There's one of him, a million of us. And what the Kings say, goes.")

Precisely. I did manage to leave out a mention of the appointed Imperial governor, who most certainly exists. He even has his own palace - 'round back of the Green King's, and _heavily_ fortified... But that's all for the next issue!

Jeff R:

> Cajun ducks are definitely MGF! Crawfish gumbo is a must - about time
> that we get some good cuisine for Dragon Pass! Although I think the
> Naskori of Ralios have taken the accordion. . . .

Sure enough! Konal "Mooseboy" the Piper, brother to Ekel Field Destroyer, (king of all the tribe), has a captured Naskori accordion hanging on the wall inside his hall - along with his many preserved Naskori trophy heads. Such displays please Orlanth!

Pam-