Re: Children of Entropy

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 03:33:10 -0400

Dave Bailey asks:

> I have a source for something called "Children of Entropy", unknown
> publisher, supposed to be RQII compatible. Sorry to take up band
> width but I've never heard of it and I'd like an informed opinion
> by somebody who knows before entering negotiations. Anybody know
> anything about it?

It's in the "MIG" (the Meints Index to Glorantha, Rick Meints' fine catalogue of all the things you wished you'd bought when they were still on the shelves), of course, which is where this info comes from. I have seen copies, but books of stats aren't really my thing...

Published by the Apprentices Guild:

"While short lived, the Guild published some very useful game aids for RQ3. So much so, that Avalon Hill found them to be a threat and sent them a notice to cease and desist or face legal prosecution. The Guild complied and less than two years after they started they were gone."

(Gee, must have been competing with all those handy-dandy Avalon Hill statbooks! Anyone knowing more about this, I'd love to hear the whole story...)

Apprentices Guild Products:

        =

Children of Entropy             John Prentice           Chaos stats
Children of the Red Goddess     John Prentice           Lunar stats
Behind the Masque               D Bourne/S Wakely       Scenario
Cults of Light and Death        Bourne/Prentice/Wakely  Six new cults

CHILDREN OF ENTROPY - 36 pages, 1993

"The first product from the Apprentices Guild. It was published with RQ2 or RQ3 stats to widen its appeal. A hybrid of Runemasters and Foes, it contains runemasters, initiates and lay member statistics for worshippers of Krarsht, Thed, Malia, Cacodemon, Vivamort, Bagog and Thanatar. This is strictly for GM's who want to save some time rolling up assorted chaotic nasties. The entries only cover the stats and are devoid of things like names, possessions, magic items and personal histories. If you liked Runemasters you'll like this too."

Review by Rick Meints: this is a fraction of a page of the 72-page small-print lavishly-illustrated MIG, so rush out now and try to buy a copy!

::::
Nick
::::