RE:Sandy Petersen

From: Sérgio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 00:11:06 +0100

Sandy Petersen:
> I don't think that there are many duck hunters at all.
Many or few, do they worship some hunter god? If yes, which?
> Ducks are primarily vegetarian.

RW ducks are carnivors that eat mainly fish. Why would gloranthan ducks depart from that pattern? Where they live there is plenty of animals to eat, be it fish or small game.
Wait! What vegetables do they eat? IMO they have almost no agriculture, they are fishers, hunters and recollectors.
> They'll eat fish,

IMO this is about half their diet (fresh and dried fish), plus other animals (small game and insects) and vegetables.
> and drink milk,

A duck drinking milk?!! What kind of milk? Not cow's I suspect. Goat milk? Not very advisable: I'm thinking about broos here. Lamb milk? Most ducks prefer rivers and swamps to live, not the best place to raise lambs. Sorry Sandy, IMO ducks drinking milk makes no sense (specialy if you agree with me they are basicaly birds, not mammals).
> I don't think they're real big on venison or wild boar.
I cannot agree more with you. That's one of the main reasons why I don't see Odayla as the hunter god of ducks.
> their natural inclinations and body form make them rather crappy hunters.

You don't need a special 'body form' to set a trap for a rat, a lysard or a small bird (men don't have the best 'body form' to hunt lions either). 'Natural inclinations'? What natural inclinations? Please be more specific on this issue.

Best,

Sergio Mascarenhas