RQ Spreadsheet

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:35:52 +0000

Thanks to Joe R. Smith for sending me a copy of John Neilson's rqchar1.xls spreadsheet. It's a good one, and I'm learning more about Excel 7 by studying it. However, if there are any other good spreadsheets out there I'd still like to see them.

I have a technical question, too. I'm trying to come up with a formula for computing hit points per hit location, based on the chart on P. 44 of the Creatures book (AH edition). You're supposed to be able to multiply the creature's total hit points by .40, .33, .25, or
- -16 to get the appropriate hit points for a specific location.
However, the results I get from using this formula don't exactly correspond to the chart, and I can't figure out how they got the results they did. I've tried rounding up, down, and to the nearest digit; if anybody can shed some light on a possible solution, I'd appreciate it. (I've thought of using a lookup table, but I'd rather be able to accomodate creatures of any number of hit points, not a finite number of entries.)

Sorry to take up digest space with a non-Gloranthan question, but, as I'm sure others have mentioned, there isn't any other place for RQ-mechanics questions.

Guy

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf