Muses

From: Maria or Michael <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:03:58 +0200

MICHAEL CULE
>By the way, and on a completely different topic: I was pondering on the name
>MUSE ROOST. Does anyone know off hand who the Gloranthan Muses are and which
>pantheon they come from? I'd guess they might be Solar deities but I can't
>bring them to mind at this instant.

Wyrm's Footprints says that from the light of her right eye Ourania, the Queen of Heaven, made Musa, the Light of Inspiration, which brings the light of heaven to men's minds. I guess that is one answer to your query, yes? The Rainbow Girl of Prax acts as messenger of the gods, and could be the same entity, monomyth-wise.

OTOH, most cultures have their own mythical sources of Divine Inspiration, and usually more than one. The concept of a god/-dess of Inspiration is pretty abstract, and most gods can Inspire mortal men.

In Far Point there are lots of muses as almost any god or spirit entity can be a messenger to mortals: Our Lady of the Wild, Issaries Skald, Lankor Knowing, Elmal and his star-deity sidekicks, Orlanth, Ernalda, Kolat, Asrelia and various bird and snake entities are the most common.

Michael Raaterova

<.sig omitted on legal advice>