Hit Locations

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 11:09:33 +0000

I finally figured out what you have to do to reproduce the Hit Locations chart on p. 44 of the Creatures book.
  1. First, divide total hit points by three, rounding up to the next integer.
  2. Multiply the result by three.
  3. Apply the appropriate multipler, again rounding up to the next integer.

The formula I came up with for Excel is:

ROUNDUP((ROUNDUP(A2/3,0)*3)*$B$1,0) where A2 is the total hit points and $B$1 is the fraction (.40,.33,.25,or .16).

Incidentally, there's an error on the line for 10-12 hit points, under the .25 column. That hit location should have 3 hit points, not 2.

Thanks to the people who helped me with the problem!

Guy

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf