regaining magic; campaign length; Bluish people?

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:15:38 -0700

Rich Ohlson stated

> I do like the idea of allowing a chance for "one-use"
> divine magic to come back. Usually based on the number of successes in
> Cult Skills during the HHD or alternativly, Sacred Time. If you wanna
> be stingy, require specials.

Sounds a lot like the PenDragon Pass rule (details in _Enclosure_), except that's based on traits (i.e. how well you follow the cult virtues). I suppose in RQ, you don't have much else, but it still seems odd to make skill rolls.

> Here is another completely different question. I have been running one
> campaign for, gosh, about two years now. However, I think that we have
> only progressed about a year in game time. (We play once or twice a
> month) ... Are we
> the exception, the average, or uh..the other exception :-) ?

Sounds like a typical RuneQuest game -- one reason I came up with PenDragon Pass is that it makes it easier for lots of game time to pass (which, depending on the sort of campaign you want, is a Good Thing). In Jeff's Taming of Dragon Pass campaign (run nearly every week), my late-arriving character's oldest son is now 10 years old!

In about 2 years of play, I've run my Ralios game enough for 6 years of game time. I run it way too seldom (blame Jeff for hogging all the game time :-).

What happens when one of the Blues of Pamaltela breeds with an Agimori or Wareran (or for that matter, a Kralori, though they're not very common in Pamaltela)? It appears that Agimori and Warerans intermixing produce shades of brown. But I haven't seen anything that suggests a range of blues (slates). Perhaps you get one color or the other, apparently randomly (probably whichever partner has the higher POW at conception determines the color).