chickens, eggs and bats

From: Smith & Jones <oj_at_maths.anu.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:37:39 +0000

Responding to Nick Brooke:
- --------------------------

> > It has been suggested that bats began as birds, and were changed
> > when they aligned with the dark. Given the primal dark came
> > first, before fiery Yelm, surely it was the other way around?
>
> Er ... why? <snip> your argument makes little sense.

Bats in the belfry eh? Birds from bats makes about as much sense as bats from birds, I would have thought. More so if you're a troll, as Steve Martin suggested. In any case, given bats fly in the dark (rather than the air), I see no reason why you couldn't have bats flitting about before the air, fire and other younger elements appeared.

Cheers

Owen Jones