more Bats....

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 07:14:32 -0500

Owen Jones:
>It has been suggested that bats began as birds, and were changed when

> they aligned with the dark (apologies for not recalling who suggested
> this).

        I think it was me....

> Given the primal dark came first, before fiery Yelm, surely it was
> the other way around?

        Given the anal-retentive way that most solar cultures behave, they would have rejected anyone/thning that tried to convert. Look at the cultic restrictions for who can pray to Yelm as an example.

        The counter-example is the way the forces of Darkness helped out their neighbors during the Lesser/Greater Darkness. The Kingdom of Night/Only Old One, for example. And this was _after_ Yelm forced them to flee Wonderhome.....

Owen's Troll song:

        Um, 'Bright-eyed freedom'? Do trolls regard bright eyes? Nice song other than that.

                        Andrew

"The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely"