Yanafal Tar'nils

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 07:22:51 -0500

Tadaaki Kakegawa:
> Question 1: Whom did Duke Yanafal worship?

        This question was discussed some time ago, and the consensus is that the Carmanians do worship some form of Humakt, having brought 'H' with them from Fronela during the Secind Age. Might have a different name by now, though. It is probable that Duke Yanafal learned some new things about his god whilst wandering in the southern lands, the myths of Dragon Pass & Esrolia are different in some places.

> Question 2: Yanafal the Ram and Warrior

        'Ram' in 'Ram and Warrior' would be a reference to the adult, male sheep. These are considered very masculine and aggressive by many cultures due to their behaviour during the spring mating challenges.

> Question 3: His associated rune

        I plead ignorance on this one. I know that I've seen a list showing which diety is associated with each of the Red Moon's phases, but I can't reproduce it from memory.

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanifal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /