Re: Troll marching song

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 97 10:29:29 EDT

> From: Owen Jones <oj_at_maths.anu.edu.au>
> Men of Darkness
> (to the tune of Rhyfelgyrch Gwyr Harlech)
> Men of Darkness, march to glory, victory is hov'ring o're ye,
> Bright-eyed freedom stands before ye, hear ye not her call?

Try "victory is there before ye", and "Dark-eyed freedom" to avoid the Light connotations of human imagery.

> See they now are flying! Dead are heaped with dying!
> Over might hath triumphed right, our land to foes denying:

I don't think that trolls will ever yield the "might" description, even if faced by the Iron Vrok and Crimson Bat at the same time, but can't come up with anything that works better in the song. Perhaps something about the enemy's evil magic/sorcery/whatever, instead.

Otherwise, it is good to see some songs for the Uz, as well as the Lunars, Tarshites, and Sartarites. Now, perhaps a variation on the USAF or RAF's anthems for the famed Dagori Inkarth Air Force? And if anyone knows a source for Zulu battle songs or the like, the Agrimori Impis of Prax need some work done, as well.