One use Rune, game time...etc..

From: Bill Thompson <interlit_at_pacificcoast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:41:20 -0700 (PDT)

> I do like the idea of allowing a chance for "one-use"
> divine magic to come back

 In my campaign the cult members are gradually introduced to the mysteries of the cult. Initiates are granted spirit magic, acolytes are allowed to sacrifice for specific cult rune magic which is renewable only during the Sacred Time, and Priests and Lords are as per cult write ups.. I thought allowing the acolytes yearly rune spells would smooth out the progression and show systematic immersion into the mysteries of the cult.

> Here is another completely different question. I have been running one
> campaign for, gosh, about two years now. However, I think that we have
> only progressed about a year in game time.
> I was just wondering how other campaigns are paced. Are we
> the exception, the average, or uh..the other exception :-)

My Campaign is set in first age Ralios although it includes Seshnela (which has not yet been sundered by the Luatha) and the City of Miracles with movement through Fronela to Sogolotha Mambrola. We have been playing pretty much weekly for about 4-5 years now. The Characters are Hrestoli Malkioni, (three cousins), a female noble, male knight, and male wizard. Musn't forget the human male Xiola Umbar priestess. The priestess just recently made his Rune status. The Wizard will probably go for his Adept status in about 6 months rt (given their situation about 1 yr gt) that would put him from novice to adept at about 6-7 yrs gt. The Knight's skills would translate as solid Rune status and they have been there for about a year gt.

I think that ultimately the pace you set depends on the story line and whether the game is goal driven or character driven. Ultimately if you are having fun who cares if it takes one year or ten.

Bill Thompson

"Ask Me A Riddle And I'll Reply
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie.."