A Final Note On Bats

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 07:40:42 -0500

        It has been suggested that birds came from bats, not the other way around. This based on Darkness coming before Light. Unfortunately, there is no 'good' place in darkness for such creatures to have gotten started. Darkness has insects, not mammals. Trolls even keep a breed of domesticated insects called Ham Beetles, and herd them like sheep.

        If memory serves me correctly, bats eat insects (though not necessarily the industrial strength kinds that the Trolls keep). Why would any self-respecting troll want them around? They'd pick on the Gorrakki herds while the bugs where small enough to swallow.

        IMO, the bats were birds that converted with the help of a Darkness God, who was tickled at the idea of having ex-Light creatures at his command. Then, when it became apparent that the bats ate insects, said diety was highly embarrassed. Bats hold the role in Uzdom that rats hold in human realms; annoying vermin. And warm-blooded too! Shamefull!

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanifal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /