Alkothi Kings

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 08:52:10 -0700 (PDT)

Apologies if this message is repeated but I've some sort of wierd error message which makes me unsure if my original message went out.

The Dara Happans do have Kings. When Jenarong makes peace with Raibanth, there's some King Dinzered mentioned. In modern times this person is called the Patriach of Raibanth although we do not know when the changeover happened.

Admittedly Jenarong then kills the Tyrant of Alkoth in a duel. However when Avivath is offered the throne, he refuses to become a Tyrant like the barbarians do which implies that it's a pelorian barbarian custom. Thus it seems that Plentonius is slurring the Red King. The corresponding Dara Happan title is Overseer which looks like the equivalent of governer or satrap. Red/Green[/black] overseers sound icky IMO.