Re: Songs

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:43:16 +0000

Nice Troll marching song (yes, I know it's been said before).

Can we improve it in any trivial way? Well, as David Weihe pointed out,
> > Over might hath triumphed right, our land to foes denying:
> I don't think that trolls will ever yield the "might" description, even
> if faced by the Iron Vrok and Crimson Bat at the same time,

How about "Over Light hath triumphed Might"? Assuming they're facing a Light-based foe, of course. "Over blight..." against chaos? The troll side of the equation could be either Might or Night, I suppose.

> Otherwise, it is good to see some songs for the Uz, as well as the
> Lunars, Tarshites, and Sartarites.

If only the Lunars and Sartarites hadn't already used all the good tunes! You'll find that one on my web site as "Men of Sartar", and on Nick's as "Men of Furthest". (If anyone didn't know the tune, you'll find a MIDI file attached to mine).

Might I suggest that songs suitable for Uz conversion should be of a type that involves a lot of drumming, and fairly simple tunes? (Well, simpler than "Harlech", anyway!) Anyone sufficiently familiar with steel band music to do us a conversion or two?

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml