RE : Herdmen

From: Dave Bailey <db_at_uk.hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:43:27 +0000

Daren came up with a damn fine filly of a point....

>That leaves us with a herd of (stupid?) docile (sometimes) big hairy =
females=20
>with large breasts being serviced by small (numbers of) males (since =
those=20
>not selected for breeding would be castrated for quicker fattening).

I hadn't thought about the castration aspect. Presumably all tribes = practice this? It's all very well raiding for her animals from other = tribes but the breeding males would be the most deadly losses. A sept = with no male animals could be held to ransom by all and sundry. This = could give the Morokanth an advantage in the long run because fertile = human males to cross breed into their herd would be easily obtained, a = prospect not readily available to the other tribes.

What I was interested in was the distance between Herdmen and humans. If = the Morokanths have been breeding then just how human are they and = therefore how strong is the sympathetic link between hermen and nomads?

Dave.