RE: heads, bats, etc.

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemble-studios.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:19:15 -0500

	From: Joerg Baumgartner
	In what way would the non-chaotic version of a foe's head as a
magic weapon
	Work?
		We play that evil (non-chaotic) folk coat the head with
layers of lime to preserve it and then use it as a thrown weapon. When the head strikes you it has different effects depending on how closely-related it was to you. If it was from your clan, it knocks down all your magic defenses. If it was from your family, it also drains 3d6 MPs from you. If it was from your immediately family, it also drains 3d6 hit points from you.
	From: "Sunstrom, Ben" <ssunsbw_at_rgh.sa.gov.au>
	To further complicate things, here's some more raw data:
	The sequence of the evolution of flight (in the RW) is 1)
pterosaurs (the flying reptiles that were contempories of the dinosaurs) then 2) birds and lastly 3) bats. Birds evolved at the end of the Cretaceous period (while the pterosaurs were still around) but survived the mass extinction of the dinosaurs into the following ages, when the mammals became abundant and bats appeared.

                To nit-pick, flying insects appeared first. Then it's unclear whether birds or pterosaurs came first. There are what appear to be fossil birds earlier than the earliest pterosaurs. In any case, there are uncontrovertable birds in the early Jurassic, when pterosaurs were just getting started.

	Veldang
	Peter Metcalfe reminds us: One group of humans, the sailors of
the sweet blue sea (I think, my sources are directly beneath me in the antipodes), have bluish lips and tongues

                Wow! This is great! I hereby suggest that when a Veldang interbreeds with another race the two colors don't "blend" - instead, the blue becomes "accents" on the other racial color. Kind of like Siamese cats.