The Arts of Sorcery

From: Tal Meta <talmeta_at_cybercomm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:18:09 -0400

Cruised through Sandy's latest revision to his sorcery system, and fed a copy ot my current party's sorcerer (who hasn't made any noises yay or nay as yet) but I did have a question about Banish.

While it doesn't state so specifically in the description or the example given, would it be correct to assume that Banish works like a kind of "anti-Intensity", and that to weaken the other guy's Resist Magic 6, you'd have to hit him with Resist Magic Banish x?

Is there a Banish vs. Intensity resistance roll? (should there be?)

Other likes/gripes...

Was pleased to see that "Accuracy" became it's own Art... my group had been using it (well, one of my group's major opponents had been using it) rather than a sub-function of Range. Force/Reinforce are also nice additions. Was surprised though to see Held spells take up Presence, and am still not quite comfortable with Permanence costing that point of POW. Lunar magic looks like it's still in beta; the costs seem a bit high. Immersion is way out there.... tempts me to throw some merman sorcerers at the guys next time they take sail... :)